Response: The Automatic E-Mail Response System
Welcome! This is
the documentation for Response
version 0.8, last updated Mar 30, 2010.
What is Response?
Response is a set of tools to handle automatic e-mail responses,
also called "Out of Office", "Vacation" or "Autoreply" messages.
Response tries hard to do that the correct way, i.e. not responding to e-mails that
should not be responded to. All of the validation code can be easily modified
to suite your needs, however we try hard to ship sane defaults.
- Fast LMTP daemon doing message validation and response recording
- Designed primarily for Postfix and Virtual Users, but works with others (see examples)
- Supports various RDBMS backends: MySQL, PostgreSQL, ...
- You are free to use custom SQL queries for all operations
- Powerful and customizable message validation
- Scalable, multiple mailservers are supported
- Sending responses using any SMTP relay (including SMTP-AUTH, STARTTLS)
- ... and finally, written for Python 2.6 or later
What's new in Response v0.8?
or see the complete changelog
Complete List of Features
also including the yet missing ones
Complete Table of Contents
lists all sections and subsections
the primary documentation
instructions for the setup
the example configuration file
Preparing the Backend
create the database, users, tables
minimal but usable php plugin
License and Copyright
how you may use the code
please inform us of any problems